Friday 9 December 2011

'My Space' collage - Symmetrical

For this collage idea I used photos taken in Britain, China and Japan. I was messing with photos of the buildings on the street I used to live in China and the symmetrical effect looked pretty good to me - so I carried on with this idea and added more elements.



I changed the sky to a previous experimental image I did for this project, which has a more dramatic blue to orange transition.

I played with blending modes to bring the objects together more naturally.


The difference is easy to see as I put 2 of the stages side by side.




I had some good feedbacks on the whole image and I do think it's eye catching. The oriental looking red leaves was in fact taken on the way to Birmingham, and the tower was a Japanese one. I'm glad that what I use in the collage aren't as obvious as they might sound.

I used this as my mock-up final poster, but I agree there is not much content in it. Focusing on matching up the horizon is easier to match photos and angles but doesn't give much depth to the finished result.

No comments:

Post a Comment