Saturday 10 December 2011

'My Space' collage - Day to Night

I came across Stephen Wilkes' photographs where he blends tens of photos taken at different times of the day and show a smooth transition of day to night (or reversed).



I don't have a tripod to begin with so I put the camera by the window to take pictures of the same position.




Tucked into PhotoShop tried to blend them as one...and failed completely.


The ground was split into brown and grey sections and there isn't really a feel of 'night to day'. I then reversed the order to 'day to night'...


...it turned out slightly better with the brighter sky but still looks rather sad, mainly because there is not enough contrast between day and night, also there isn't much depth and boring composition. I don't think I'll take this idea further.

No comments:

Post a Comment